Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hello blog and those who read this well now! I am now recovered from my trip to Barcelona, Rome and Venice which all 3 places have been totally amazing and inspiring. Have many ideas running around in my head for sculpture. There are 3 NEW LINKS down the right column which show some of the images taken while there.


Also I have some other images on my www.mikeldurel.com website. Mainly arty shots there. Its a crazy world here and I do miss home and looking forward to putting my feet on NZ soil in late November. The plan was to be here longer but I have changed my mind. I have no qualms about this decision as I have at least made a few dreams come true. Seeing Rome was one of them. I had always dreamed of Rome ever since studying at Art School. Italy is a beautiful place and I will visit again. There have been many new and creative things that has been getting me by. One of them is Travel Writing. During all of my trips I have reflected in now my second visual dairy the journeys the days events. When the time comes I'm sure it could easily be a small book with images of course. The other creative avenue is Photography (Digital). My eye for composition is developing more than I expected. To date I have taken over 3000 photos of my journey. I gather that there would be at least 300 of them worthy to be exhibited. I am certainly looking forward to that show. Other artforms have developed also with my drawings becoming complex and will be the basis for sculpture.


No comments:

Post a Comment