Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another Part of many Parts with more Parts to come.

One and a half weeks later I finished my Red Saxon. What a journey. What a turbulent first thousands years AD. I am beginning to form a clear picture of my ancestors of their background and the history and what they have endured. Romans, Normans, Saxon, Danes and Vikings all play an significant role of the genetic makeup of the people of the British Isles. Place names of significant importance are beginning to emerge. Cornwall calling for a start. Time to venture around the very bottom south western tip of Britain. Lands End, which is now as mentioned by colleges has become very commercial. Nevermind I’m sure it will feel what I hope to expect. Back in New Zealand some years ago I purchased an image/photograph in an oak frame that image is Lands End and could possibly date around the 1890s to early 1900s. I guess this image has haunted me for many years and will be a important visit while here in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment